Migrant Action is a Rights and Justice based organisation. Through our advocacy and advice work we aim to empower and help migrants actualise their rights and access justice. Our integration work is focused on enabling newly arrived migrants feel welcome and supported to connect and access vital mainstream provision in order to effectively integrate. Our integration work also helps reduce their vulnerability to various forms of inequalities and injustice thereby increasing social and economic integration of migrants. Through our strategic partnerships, we articulate systemic injustice that migrants routinely encounter and work collaboratively to advocate system/structural change.
Who Do We Work With
- EU Migrants & Non EU migrants (all temporal visa holders, International students, undocumented/irregular migrants, victims of trafficking and modern day slavery etc).
- Corporate & third sector organisations, mainstream services, local authorities etc
- We work collaboratively across sectors with other organisations to ensure we reach out widely to those who need our support.
- Through collaboration and partnership working, we share resources, good practices, challenge structural injustice and influence system change.
- Migrant Action’s ‘Strengthening Hands’ partnership strategy, enables us to support and strengthen service delivery and organisational development of other small grassroots and migrant-led organisations.
- Research bodies:
- Our advocacy and structural change work is underpinned by research-based activities undertaken in collaboration with partners including academia.
- These provide empirical evidence of structural injustice and systemic violence inherent in immigration policymaking that negates the rights, justice and humanity of migrants. Subjecting these systemic failings to scrutiny is integral to our strategic advocacy for systemic and social change. Examples of our research include;
include these as hyperlinks