Migrant Action would like to help you as best as we can with any questions or problems you are having as a migrant.
To begin, please look through our website to see if you can find the information you need.
How can we help? Our advisers will always make sure you feel welcome. We will listen to you with kindness and care and treat you with dignity.
Then, we can assist with;
- EU Settlement
- Welfare- Universal credit, housing benefit, council tax reduction, etc.
- Employment- CV, job search, job application, referral to employment and language courses such ESOL, IELTS etc.
- Housing- House search, homelessness application etc.
- Advocacy- Are you facing any barriers to access services, welfare, healthcare, employment or experiencing any form of discrimination or racial injustice?
- Immigration- Advice, information and guidance
- Crisis support for vulnerable migrants- Food vouchers, etc.
- Integration support for new migrants, including students and visitors helping you to understand more about living in the UK.
If you are not able to meet in person, please send us an email on email@example.com, describing your issue as best you can and we will respond as soon as possible, or call us on either 01138330991 or 07787744993.
We may then try to organise an in person or online meeting or call, to discuss your situation.
Another option would be to attend one of our in person drop-in events, which we run weekly in Leeds, Barnsley, Goldthorpe, Doncaster and Rotherham. Here, we deliver guidance and practical support helping migrants navigate and resolve their migration-related issues.
Our Leeds drop-in runs every Thursday & Friday from 9 to 5pm at Roundhay Resource Centre (233-237 Roundhay Road, LS8 4HS)
The Barnsley drop-in runs every Wednesday 12.30- 2.30pm at Hope House Church Blucher Street Barnsley S70 1SW
In Doncaster, the drop-in run is every fortnight on Tuesday 10am-1pm at 28 Hexthorpe Rd, Doncaster DN4 0BG.
In Gaulthorpe, our drop-in runs every fortnight Mondays 10am-1pm at the Salvation Army Community Centre, Straight Lane, Goldthorpe
Rotherham, S63 9DW
In Rotherham- Migrant Action also run an advice and advocacy service every fortnight as part of the multi-agency drop-in at The Unity Centre theunitycentre.org.uk from 1pm -3pm
The centre is on 22 St Leonards Road, Rotherham S65 1PD from 1-3pm
We may find it appropriate to refer you to another organisation if we feel that your needs are better suited to them, but we will stay updated on your progress with them and you are always welcome to come back to us with any concerns or questions.
We are always happy to help migrants from all backgrounds, and we promise to support you as much as we can.